THC Said to Sicken 5 Students in Calif.

SANTA ROSA, Calif. — Five students at a Santa Rosa middle school were treated for suspected drug poisoning after their lunch break Friday, police reported.

At about 1:25 p.m., police and emergency medical personnel were called to Santa Rosa Middle School after students become sick from what is believed to be THC, a chemical derived from marijuana.

According to Sgt. David Linscomb, a 13-year-old student brought the substance to school, put it in a bottle of Gatorade and shared it with friends at lunch. Several students reported dizziness and stomach pains, and one was taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital, where the student was treated and released.

The other four students, whose names are being withheld because of their ages, were released to their parents with what were described as mild side effects from the reported drug. The investigation is continuing.

No posts to display