Seven Personnel Overcome at Salina CO Incident

Two Salina Fire Department paramedics were hospitalized and eight other people were treated at Salina Regional Health Center on Wednesday after being overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning in a townhome at 750 Fairdale, Fire Marshal Roger Williams said.

Williams said he did not know the status of a man who lived in the townhome, who was reported to be unconscious and not breathing when firefighters were called to his home around 7 p.m. Wednesday.

A woman who had been trying unsuccessfully to reach the man called authorities when she went to his home and discovered him unconscious, Williams said. She was sickened by carbon monoxide when she entered the townhome, Williams said, but was able to get out and call for help.

However, a paramedic and firefighter who went into the home to render assistance “were quickly overcome, and they collapsed,” Williams said. “The captain and driver who were on the truck with them had to go in and pull them out.”

Read More, One Salinan dies in carbon monoxide poisoning

Related JEMS Carbon Monoxide Content:

No posts to display