In April, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), on behalf of the Federal Interagency Committee on EMS (FICEMS), announced a Request for Information (RFI) on the planned revision of the EMS Agenda for the Future.
The best ideas and recommendations for advancing EMS as both a profession and an industry come from you – the EMS community. Associations, EMS professionals, industry trade groups, public and private agencies, academic institutions, government officials, individuals and all interested parties are encouraged to submit public comments to the RFI until June 30, 2016.
The responses will play a critical role in the development of the new agenda. All topics relevant to advancing EMS systems can be addressed, such as:
- How the revised agenda can support the FICEMS Strategic Plan goals
- The ways in which the agenda can enhance collaboration among EMS systems, healthcare providers, public safety answering points and others
- Supporting interstate credentialing of EMS personnel
- Improving patient outcomes in rural and frontier communities
- Methods to support the transfer of military EMS personnel to roles as civilian EMS providers
Comments may be submitted through the Federal eRulemaking Portal and clicking “Submit a Formal Comment,” as well as by mail or hand delivery to: Docket Management Facility, U.S. Department of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE, West Building, Room W12-140, Washington, DC, 20590.
For further information, contact Gamunu.Wijetunge@dot.gov with the NHTSA Office of EMS.