Canadian Paramedics Rescue Woman from House Fire

A cry for help from inside a smoke-filled Amherst home was just too much for paramedics Tom Bird and James Laird to ignore Friday night.

“They had received a call at about 8:20 p.m. about someone in a home with a medical issue, so they went to a house on Donald Avenue,” said Paul Maynard, an Emergency Health Services spokesman.

When the paramedics arrived, they were surprised to see smoke pouring from the home.

“Usually the paramedics are not the first on the scene of a fire but this was called in as a medical problem so the fire department was not there,” explained Maynard.

Read More, Paramedics rescue ailing woman from smoke-filled Amherst home

No posts to display