Officials Investigate UK Morphine Errors

A woman died and another became seriously ill soon after being given morphine by paramedics, despite family members warning of the patients’ allergies to the drug.

The incidents were revealed in documents obtained by the BBC under the Freedom of Information Act and are understood to have taken place in Cambridgeshire within months of each other.

The first patient died a week after the alleged incident and the second had to be given emergency life-saving treatment, although it remains unclear whether the administration of the drug contributed directly to either person’s deterioration.

The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust said both incidents were “subject to a thorough investigation”.

Read More, Paramedic ‘morphine errors’ investigated

Street Watch: Morphine

No posts to display