FEMA’s National Integration Center is seeking public feedback on four National Incident Management System (NIMS) resource typing definitions under the emergency medical services core capability:
- Emergency Medical Responder
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician – Advanced
NIMS is a key component of U.S. incident management efforts and enables organizations from across the country to work together during incidents of all kinds and sizes.
- Paramedic and EMT Staffing Crisis Prompts New Organizational Disciplines
- EMS Providers Can Do Their Part to Combat the ‘Ambulance Driver’ Media Epidemic
- We Can Learn Many Things from ‘Ambulance Drivers’
Implementing NIMS across the nation is a fundamental part of building our national preparedness.
NIMS resource typing definitions define minimum qualifications and capabilities for personnel and their equipment within their assigned teams to manage all threats and hazards, regardless of the incident’s cause or size.