ZOLL® Medical Corporation, an Asahi Kasei Group Company that manufactures medical devices and related software solutions, today announced announced 14 recipients of the 2019 ZOLL EMT Scholarship Program.
The intent of the ZOLL EMT Scholarship Program is to award medical education grants annually to qualifying caregivers who demonstrate a career commitment to the profession. The goal of the program is to support the education of EMTs (EMT-Basic, EMT-Advanced) who are working toward their paramedic certification (EMT-P).
All scholarships are reviewed and award decisions are made by an independent committee composed of non-ZOLL personnel. ZOLL representatives do not attend meetings where award determinations are made and have no influence in the selection process.
We are pleased to announce the recipients of this year’s ZOLL EMT Scholarship Program:
- Kailey Bak, Highland Ambulance, Massachusetts
- Raynor Baker, Lake Chelan Community Hospital, Washington
- Tiffany Buchanan, Red Line EMS, Indiana
- Jack Gorham, The University of Kansas Health System, Missouri
- Victoria Haugen, Falck Northern California, California
- Claire Hawks, University of Colorado Health North, Colorado
- Jenna Kliemisch, Seaford Volunteer Fire Department, Delaware
- Joe Leeds, Breckenridge Ski Patrol, Colorado
- Tera Miller, City of Wray EMS, Colorado
- Tamara Ortiz, Medtrust, Florida
- Randi Schrock, Parkview LaGrange EMS, Indiana
- Morgan Urick, Blue Waves Swim Team, Virginia
- Norman Walker, St. Louis Fire Department, Missouri
- Brandon Woosley, Oldham County EMS, Kentucky
“These individuals have demonstrated their commitment to and passion for the field of emergency medicine,” said Elijah A. White, President, ZOLL Resuscitation. “With support from this scholarship program, they will advance their lifesaving skills and continue to make their communities safer places.”
About ZOLL Medical Corporation
ZOLL Medical Corporation, an Asahi Kasei Group company, develops and markets medical devices and software solutions that help advance emergency care and save lives, while increasing clinical and operational efficiencies. With products for defibrillation and monitoring, circulation and CPR feedback, data management, fluid resuscitation, therapeutic temperature management, and ventilation, ZOLL provides a comprehensive set of technologies that help clinicians, EMS and fire professionals, and lay rescuers treat victims needing resuscitation and acute critical care. For more information, visit www.zoll.com.
About Asahi Kasei
The Asahi Kasei Group is a diversified group of companies led by holding company Asahi Kasei Corporation, with operations in the material, homes, and health care business sectors. Its health care operations include devices and systems for acute critical care, dialysis, therapeutic apheresis, transfusion, and manufacture of biotherapeutics, as well as pharmaceuticals and diagnostic reagents. With more than 30,000 employees around the world, the Asahi Kasei Group serves customers in more than 100 countries. For more information, visit www.asahi-kasei.co.jp/asahi/en/.