WINTER PARK, Fla. (WFTV) – A Winter Park firefighter who served the community for 25 years died of an overdose after stealing and using drugs meant to sedate patients in the back of an ambulance, 9 Investigates learned.
A.J. Isaacs, 47, was a husband and a father. His colleagues described him as a respected member of the fire community. He was an emergency medical services captain.
9 Investigates uncovered there were few safeguards in place to keep tabs on the number of narcotics going in and out of his fire station because he alone oversaw the inventory process. His access and control over the storing of the drugs allowed him to divert drugs, and led to an addiction that even his closest colleagues didn’t see. MORE