The American Ambulance Association’s Stars of Life program celebrates the contributions of ambulance professionals who have gone above and beyond the call of duty in service to their communities or the EMS profession.
Recognize the unsung heroes at your ambulance service—nominate EMTs, Paramedics, Dispatchers, and other EMS professionals for this year’s class of Stars. Stars and their guests, accompanied by executive hosts, are celebrated in a series of events in our nation’s capital.
Stars of Life honors the contributions of these heroes while shining light on the critical role EMS plays in our healthcare infrastructure.
Join fellow EMS professionals to celebrate our Stars as we showcase the value of ambulance services across the country.
Eligibility—Who Are Our Stars?
All employees of ambulance services are eligible for nomination for the AAA Stars of Life program. All nominees are recognized as Stars. Examples of individuals commonly nominated include:
- State-level Star of Life or other award program recipient
- Employee of the year
- On-duty or off-duty services above and beyond the call of duty such as special rescue or setting of significant records
- Notable community contribution such as volunteer work, local leadership, partnerships with other organizations or agencies
- Significant community distinction or honors related to ambulance, public safety, public health or health care services
- Consistent services record which exemplifies your ambulance operation’s mission
Please note that Stars may be nominated posthumously.
For more information, or to nominate an individual, visit the American Ambulance Association Stars of Life.