Doug Wolfberg speaks at the March 2018 PWW XI leadership Conference in Las Vegas. Photos courtesy PWW Media
The PWW Media XI Leadership Conference took place Tuesday, March 20 at the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas. XI: The Executive Institute, is a one-day workshop with sessions tailored for EMS industry executives, chiefs, top-level managers, owners and leaders interested in high-level views and discussions about reimbursement, compliance, privacy, leadership and human resource management.
Steve Wirth talks distraction destruction in the leadership track.
XI was previously held in Hershey, PA in October and will be offered again next month in Orlando and then in June in St. Louis.
Some highlights from the day:
- PWW Media announced two new products to help EMS agencies and billing companies improve compliance and train their staff- HIPAA TV 2.0, the all-new complete HIPAA training video designed specifically for the EMS industry and The Ambulance Service Model Personnel Handbook which includes over 100 model human resources management policies. Both products are available now in the PWW Media online store.
- Chris Cebollero, best-selling author of Ultimate Leadership: 10 Rules for Success, offered the keynote address. Every XI attendee received a complimentary copy of his book thanks to sponsorship from EMS Billing Services, Inc.
Xi keynote speaker Chris Cebollero
- PWW founding partner Steve Wirth talked about managing millennials, reminding attendees that work-life balance is not laziness. Supervisors and executives learned how to lead employees from different generations to create a more productive workforce, reduce turnover and keep good people.
- Steve Johnson, PWW Reimbursement Consultant, educated those in the Public Agency track about two safe harbors that apply to public sector EMS agencies. In particular, this session focused on a recent safe harbor that allows public agencies to waive copayments and deductibles for their residents in certain circumstances.
- PWW attorneys Ryan Stark and Amanda Stark led a joint compliance and privacy session about prioritizing a compliant culture designed for EMS professionals who are both Compliance Officer and Privacy Officer. They advised attendees about the 5 things to do to get started on the right foot and then provided a year-long plan for both HIPAA and Medicare fraud and abuse compliance.
- Doug Wolfberg, PWW founding partner, closed the Leadership track by sharing 5 lessons learned from The Beatles musical and business success that can be applied to operating an EMS agency.
- The day concluded with a final session by Doug Wolfberg and Steve Wirth as they shared performance expectation for 2018 and Beyond.
XI is followed by two days of the abc360 conference where the PWW attorneys and consultants focus on revenue cycle management, compliance, privacy and practical skills for billers.
Amanda and Ryan Stark lead a joint session on prioritizing a compliant culture.