A panel of professional EMS colleagues and peers selected the distinguished winners, who each displayed initiative, creative thinking, action-orientation and a desire to positively impact EMS, patients and their communities.
This year’s winners are:
- Mary Ahlers, MEd, BSN, RN, CP-C, NRP: Founder of Paramedic Health Solutions, Mobile CE, and Community Paramedicine Association and Registry
- Michael Baker, MA, EMT-P: Director of EMS, Tulsa (Okla.) Fire Department
- Brian Clemency, DO, MBA, FACEP, FAEMS: Clinical assistant professor and EMS fellowship director, University at Buffalo
- Scott DeBoer, RN, MSN, CPEN, CEN, CCRN, CFRN, EMT-P: Author, Peds Pearls: Tear-out Tips, Tricks & Treasures from the Trenches
- Sanjaya Karki, MD, MBBS: Pioneer of helicopter and ground EMS in rural Nepal
- Brett Patterson: Chair, Medical Council of Standards for the International Academies of Emergency Dispatch (IAED)
- Brenda Staffan: Program director, Regional EMS Authority (REMSA) of Reno, Nevada
- Jonathan Washko, MBA, NREMT-P, AEMD: Assistant Vice President, Northwell Health EMS in New York
- Siegfried Weinert, MSc, EMT-I, EMD: Project manager, EMS dispatch center of Lower Austria
- James Woodson, MD, FACEP: Founder and CEO, Pulsara
For in-depth profiles of each of the EMS10 winners, be sure to read the April issue of JEMS.