EAST LANSING, Mich. and COLUMBUS, Ohio, June 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — The Consortium of Independent Physician Associations (CIPA), a regional physician network of 1,200 physicians, announces the formation of CIPA ACO, a new Medicare Shared Savings Program Accountable Care Organization for Michigan and Ohio physicians. CIPA ACO will apply to participate in the Medicare Shared Savings Program effective January 1, 2017.
Doctors, hospitals and health care providers establish ACOs in order to work together to provide higher-quality coordinated care to their population of Medicare fee for service patients. In addition, ACO participation also gives doctors the opportunity to participate in federal shared savings incentive programs.
CIPA is managed by the Medical Advantage Group, a leading health care consulting company and one of the key partners responsible for the development of the largest Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) network in the U.S. Medical Advantage Group will provide administrative, clinical and technical support services to CIPA ACO members, including:
- Management and coordination of all interactions required by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Monthly analysis of CMS data to identify cost and quality improvement opportunities
- Annual quality data submissions to CMS
- Medicare patient analysis to identify patients requiring wellness visits, preventive services, and possible coding updates
- Risk management to identify high spend / high variability items and other opportunities for cost improvement
- Robust data warehouse and analytic reports that help doctors to monitor performance and perform population health management
- Training, staff resources, web-based tool to facilitate population health management and practice transformation
- Education on health care market changes including alternative payment models
- Billing and coding training
“To be successful in the current health care market, physicians need to be open to change,” said Robert Jackson, MD, MMM, CIPA Medical Director. “That is, to embrace and implement clinical integration, population health management, and aligned reimbursement models as available within an ACO.”
“CIPA ACO will help doctors collaborate with other health care providers to deliver high quality care to their Medicare patients. Beyond participation in shared savings incentive programs, ACO members will benefit from Medical Advantage Group’s expertise with population health management systems, practice transformation, clinical quality measures, and regulatory knowledge,” says Paul MacLellan, CEO of Medical Advantage Group.
Ultimately, today’s announcement is about CIPA’s commitment to helping physicians deliver better care, spend dollars more wisely, and have healthier patients and communities. ACOs drive progress in the way care is provided by improving the coordination and integration of health care, and improving the health of patients with a priority placed on prevention and wellness. More information about CIPA ACO is available at: www.medicaladvantagegroup.com.
CIPA will be hosting an informational webinar on Wednesday, June 22nd at 12:00pm. If you have any questions concerning CIPA ACO, please join this event. Details are below:
- Wed, Jun 22, 2016 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Eastern Time
- Please join my meeting from your computer: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/146324277
- You can also dial in using your phone: 1 (646) 749-3131. Access Code: 146-324-277
About the Consortium of Independent Physician Associations
Established in 2005, the Consortium of Independent Physician Associations (CIPA) is a regional network of 40 physician organizations across Michigan and Ohio representing 1,200 physicians (primary care and specialists) in 550 practices dedicated to the practice of independent medicine. CIPA creates the opportunity for smaller groups of physicians to participate in pay-for-performance programs and value-based contracts that are normally only available to larger groups. Members include individual practices, group practices, rural health clinics, Federally Qualified Health Centers, and physician hospital organizations. CIPA is endorsed by the Ohio State Medical Association. To learn more, visit www.JoinCIPAOhio.com.
About Medical Advantage Group
Medical Advantage Group simplifies the delivery of efficient, high-quality health care for medical practices, health centers, physician organizations, hospitals and health systems. Medical Advantage Group helps doctors navigate the shifting health care landscape by providing the resources needed to deliver better patient care in the new value-based health care economy. Medical Advantage Group has two decades of expertise managing physician organizations and ACOs. Its ACO clients have demonstrated success in improving quality measures and reducing costs of care in Medicare’s Shared Savings Plan.
Medical Advantage Group manages the Consortium of Independent Physician Associations and is owned by The Doctors Company, the nation’s largest physician-owned medical malpractice insurer with over 78,000 members. To learn more, visit www.medicaladvantagegroup.com.