WHAT: IRCP college & university paramedic degree alignment planning
WHEN: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 8am to 4pm
WHERE: Delta Hotel, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
HOW MUCH: $100.00 CAD. This fee covers the cost of meeting room facilities; breakfast; lunch; and, two breaks.
HOW: Register and pay at www.ircp.info/registration
REGISTRATION LIMITATION: We are only able to accommodate the first 50 registrants
FORUM HOSTS: The International Roundtable on Community Paramedicine; the Paramedic Chiefs of Canada; and, the Paramedic Association of Canada
Driven by changes in the healthcare environment communities globally are increasing their reliance on professional paramedic services. In response, several countries are requiring educational advances that include moving toward a degree requirement for entry to practice for paramedics. Even where not mandatory, some employers are seeking a degreed paramedic workforce and the paramedic workforce demands mobility.
Because of these changes the International Roundtable on Community Paramedicine is hosting a forum for colleges and universities that educate paramedics. The goal of this forum is to:
- Further understand existing and proposed models of higher education in paramedicine
- Optimize and coordinate efforts
- Plan for increasing the global mobility of all paramedics (including but not limited to Community Paramedics).
Through discussion the aim is to seek alignment among the paramedic academic community on essential content, (e.g., foundations, depth and breadth requirements) structure, academic department(s) etc., necessary to educate paramedics of all levels and advance the profession.
Why should my academic institution attend?
- By aligning required and desired coursework your institution will better support paramedic students and their employers.
- If you already have a degree program, we invite you to share your model as a potential standard to be considered.
- If you are considering a degree program in paramedicine, learn from others
- Debate the direction, appropriateness and utility of higher education in paramedicine broadly
- Contribute to the establishment of global educational goals in paramedicine degree programs (while ensuring local variation)
- Discuss educational advances and research impacting paramedicine education broadly