News

Four Stricken by Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Florida

Four people from the Big Corkscrew area were hospitalized Saturday morning for carbon monoxide poisoning.

The North Collier Fire Control and Rescue District got the call at 5:41 a.m.

Jorge Aguilera, the district’s deputy chief of medical services, said people were cooking with a propane tank in a small structure outside a house at 3980 56th Ave. N.E.

He said the people started feeling dizzy and confused, and someone became concerned enough with the symptoms to call 911.

Hazmat technicians were sent in with monitors that detect gases in the air.

Three adults and one child were taken to area hospitals. Two people were transferred to NCH North and the other two were taken to Physicians Regional-Pine Ridge.

The patients were in stable condition when they were taken to the hospital, Aguilera said.