Bob Loftus, BS, NREMT-B, a 38-year veteran of EMS and an EMS educator, presented a workshop on CECBEMS Organizational Accreditation. His overarching theme was helping to answer the question, “Is Organizational Accreditation with CECBEMS Right for You?”
To answer this question, Bob addressed the following key points:
- Defined what “accreditation” is.
- Provided several definitions for “professional” and “professionalism.”
- Described the CECBEMS accreditation process.
- Listed advantages for organizational accreditation.
- Identified challenges to accreditation and possible solution.
Provided the attendees an opportunity to work in groups and fill out a sample application.