News, News Videos

Several Sickened in Maryland Group Home

Fire and hazardous materials officials in Maryland are investigating an incident that sickened eight people at a group home for the intellectually disabled in Parkville.

Fire crews detected high levels of carbon monoxide but are also considering a possible chemical scenario such as an accident with cleaning chemicals or commercial pesticides.

Emergency crews initially took one unconscious man to hospital but returned within the hour after other residents and staff complained of feeling ill.