News

18 Pennsylvania Workers Evaluated After CO Leak

NORTHAMPTON, Pa. (AP) — Fire officials say 18 workers were sent to the hospital in eastern Pennsylvania because of a carbon monoxide leak at a grocery store warehouse.

Investigators say high levels of the gas were found near where forklift batteries were being charged at the Trader Joe’s warehouse in East Allen Township on Sunday morning. Firefighters discovered the leak while responding to a fire alarm at the warehouse around 7 a.m.

Employees were evacuated within about a half hour and were allowed back in around noon. There were no reports of serious injuries.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is also investigating.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.