News

Five Dead in Maryland Carbon Monoxide Incident

OXON HILL, Md. (WJLA) – Five adults inside an Oxon Hill home have died due to carbon monoxide poisoning, fire officials confirm to ABC 7 News.

Prince George’s Fire spokesman Mark Brady says that the five people died inside a home in the 700 block of Shelby Drive in Oxon Hill.

The home is in a residential area just east of Indian Head Highway, near the Capital Beltway. The victims are unrelated but attend the same church and are originally from El Salvador, officials say.

Authorities say carbon monoxide levels inside the home found were over 500 parts per million, a highly dangerous and likely lethal level of the colorless, odorless gas.