News, News Videos

Woman Swallows Thermometer; It’s Found in Her Lung 44 Years Later

(IBTimes.com) — During a hospital check up in Chinas Hunan Province it was discovered that a woman had a five centimeter long foreign object inside her lung, yet it had caused no damage to internal organs. The object inside Lui had been there for 44 years, and the doctors were puzzled as to what it could be. Lui stated that it would be a thermometer which she swallowed when she was twelve years old. “I swallowed the thermometer but my family was too poor to afford the medical treatment for me.” The object until recently had caused no discomfort to Liu. However once the mercury is broken inside the device it could cause serious harm to her health. It is uncertain how the doctors will remove the foreign object.