The National EMS Advisory Council will meet in Washington, D.C. on September 7 and 8. Information about the meeting, which is open to the public, is contained in the attached Federal Register Notice.
The tentative agenda includes the following:
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
(1) Opening Remarks
(2) Introduction of Members and all in attendance
(3) Review and Approval of Minutes of last Meeting
(4) Update from NHTSA Office of EMS
(5) Presentation of the Draft Culture of Safety Strategy
(6) Update from the NASEMSO Highway Incident and Transportation Systems Committee
(7) Public Comment Period
(8) Business of the Council
Thursday, September 8, 2011
(1) Presentations from NEMSAC Committees
(2) Deliberations of Committee Documents
(3) Federal Partner Update
(4) Discussion of New and Emerging Issues
(5) Unfinished Business/ Continued Discussion from Previous Day
(6) Next Steps and Adjourn
A public comment period will take place on September 7, 2011, between 3:15 p.m. and 4:15 p.m.
Public Attendance: This meeting will be open to the public. There will not be a teleconference option for this meeting. Individuals wishing to attend must provide their name, affiliation, phone number, and e-mail address to Noah Smith by e-mail at [email protected] or by telephone at (202) 366-5030 no later than September 2, 2011.
Members of the public who wish to make comments on Wednesday, September 7 between 3:15 p.m. and 4:15 p.m. are requested to register in advance. In order to allow as many people as possible to speak, speakers are requested to limit their remarks to 5 minutes. For those wishing to submit written comments, please contact either Noah Smith at [email protected] or Drew Dawson at [email protected]