MOUNT KISCO — Residents of a multi-family house that caught fire Thursday night have a paramedic to thank for breaking into the smoking structure and warning them that their lives were in danger.
The fire on Maple Avenue displaced four families.
Westchester EMS Paramedic Jeff Slotoroff woke one of the residents from sleep and told him to get out of the house. Two others in the house who were unaware of the fire got out safely after he found them behind a locked door and told them to get out, a supervisor said.Read More,
Paramedic enters burning home in Mount Kisco to help residents escape