Industry News, Industry News, News, Patient Care

Four Injured, One Critical in Arkansas Butane Explosion

NORFORK, Ark. – Officials say four teenagers remain hospitalized after being burned in a butane explosion in a house in Norfork over the weekend.

An Arkansas Children’s Hospital spokesman told the Baxter Bulletin on Monday that 19-year-old Jessie Bowman was in critical condition and that 17-year-old Tyler Tighe was in serious condition.

Two other boys, 16-year-old Wade Statton and 15-year-old Austin Greer were in good condition St. John’s Hospital in Springfield, Mo.

Norfork Volunteer Fire Department Chief Frankie Baker said one of the victims said the double-wide trailer blew up when another boy lit a cigarette. Several other people were in the house and escaped without injury.

A family member said nine people live in the home. Baker says the fire is still being investigated.


Information from: The Baxter Bulletin,