Industry News, Industry News, News, Trauma

Arizona Man Burned While Making Biodiesel Fuel

PHOENIX – Authorities say a man manufacturing biodiesel fuel in his Buckeye home inadvertently set the fuel on fire, damaging his house and burning parts of his upper body.

The blaze ignited about 3 p.m. Tuesday at the home near 299th Avenue and Thomas Road, breaking windows, scorching the exterior paint and giving the man non-life threatening injuries.

Buckeye Fire officials say the man was taken in stable condition to the burn unit at an area hospital with injuries to his arms and face. His name was not immediately available but authorities say he’s in his 40s.

Fire officials say regulation of biodiesel fuel manufacturing at home is unclear so it’s not immediately clear whether the man was breaking the law. An investigation is ongoing.

___

Information from: The Arizona Republic, http://www.azcentral.com