Airway & Respiratory, News, Patient Care

Man Dies at Home After Paramedics Diagnose Acid Reflux

WASHINGTON — A 39-year-old Northeast Washington man died yesterday, a few hours after paramedics responding to his complaints of chest pains and trouble breathing told him he had acid reflux and did not take him to a hospital, family members said.

D.C. fire officials are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of Edward L. Givens, who was found by family members just before 6 a.m. in his home in the 700 block of Division Avenue. Paramedics told Givens late Tuesday that he had acid reflux, instructed him to take Pepto-Bismoland left, family members said.

Click here to read more.