News

N.Y. Firefighter Fired For Fainting During Needle Injections Sues

SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. — A firefighter fired for fainting is suing the city of Saratoga Springs, N.Y. Nathaniel King lost his job with the city fire department in December when he failed to complete newly required paramedic training, according to a lawsuit filed against the city in state Supreme Court in Saratoga County. Now he’s suing to get his job back and for back pay.

The problem is, needles are his nemesis. During paramedic training, King fainted dead away every time he had to give an injection or start an intravenous line.

Click here for the rest of the story.