A.J. Heightman, editor-in-chief of JEMS, discusses how U.S. ambulances often have too much capacity, when most care can be delivered more efficiently out of one kit. This video also questions current response time standards, which were developed when EMS did mostly transports, as opposed to now, when EMS brings care to the patient.
Union leader pitches department as better to run ambulance service.
Technology allows for new life-like simulations during training.
LAX cam shows passengers running from terminal minutes after shooting.
EMS Airway Clinic
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- Mother in Florida Surf Rescue Was Stopped Earlier by Police
- Seven Injured, One Dead in New Jersey Explosion
- Explosion and Injuries at New Jersey Condo Complex
- Debate Grows Over Public Administration of Narcan
- Over 30 Killed, 130 Wounded in Terror Attack in China
- One Dead, 30 Injured in Denver Pileup