Firefighters will now cover ambulance runs for the city.
Former Public Safety Director John Wilson retired one week ago.
Using a high-powered saw, it took responders 15 minutes to free him.
Rivers was thrown out and pinned underneath the ambulance.
The paramedic is among five people who were transported.
Listen to the 9-1-1 calls and dispatch recordings released in the Estero crash involving a Medflight mixup.
Today's Featured Posts
EMS Airway Clinic
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- New England First Responders Face another Round of Snow
- Three Injured in Philadelphia Collapse
- At Least 11 Killed in Fighter Jet Crash in Spain
- New England First Responders Hit with Blizzard Conditions
- WHO Adopts Reforms after Mishandling Ebola Response
- Evacuations During Ottawa Chemical Investigation