After five hours rescuers were able to airlift the injured hiker.
Hot temperatures put the stress on golfers, caddies and EMS personnel.
Approximately 100 fire and EMS personnel responded to the incident.
Metz stopped a couple times, once when the blood flow became too much.
Over 100 people are reportedly injured by the area's severe weather.
Today's Featured Posts
EMS Airway Clinic
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- One Dead in Explosion at Tennessee Ammo Plant
- California Fire Apparatus Collide, Strike Restaurant
- Odd Job: Toddler Stuck Inside Claw Machine
- Texas Fertilizer Blast Victims Choose Closure over Answers
- Over 200 Missing in South Korea Ferry Disaster
- Federal Investigators Search for Cause of New Mexico Medical Helicopter Crash