With more than 1,000 volunteers, Virginia Beach has the largest volunteer-based EMS system in the nation. During EMS week, volunteers raise funds to buy new equipment, including LifePak monitor/defibrillators and GlideScope video laryngoscopes.
CPR lessons for residents in effort to improve current survival rate.
A little bit of happiness amid the destruction.
A monster tornado ripped through southern Oklahoma City and the suburb of Moore on Monday afternoon, leaving homes and schools in ruins and fires burning out of control. There was no immediate word on casualties, but aerial footage showed major destruction: homes in rubble, cars flipped over and crushed, residents milling around in shock.
Milwaukee County (Wis.) officials showed off new equipment that they say will likely save lives. New heart monitors will be installed in 37 county ambulances, allowing paramedics to relay more accurate heart information to the hospitals waiting to receive patients.
Improve accuracy and speed that
Expand your available arsenal for data collection
Heads-up patient arrival board
Powerful fire and EMS modules working together
Quick and easy access to important information.
Accelerate beyond data collection.
The Ambulance Leadership Forum and a Yorkshire Ambulance... More >
- Culture of Safety Draft Document
- Video: Demanding Safety
- Video: Factors of Risk
- Video: Integrated EMS
- Rural Example of Community Medicine
EMS Airway Clinic
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- Search for Survivors in Oklahoma Nearly Complete
- Empire State Building Lights Up for EMS Week
- Many Dead, Including Children, After Tornado Strikes Oklahoma City Suburb
- 2 Children Killed, 4 People Injured, in Indianapolis Condo Fire
- Oklahoma School Takes Direct Hit from Large Tornado
- Several Tornadoes Strike Midwest Injuring Many