discuss print share

Several Sickened in Maryland Group Home

High carbon monoxide levels detected; chemical scenario also possible cause

Monday, June 17, 2013


Fire and hazardous materials officials in Maryland are investigating an incident that sickened eight people at a group home for the intellectually disabled in Parkville.

Fire crews detected high levels of carbon monoxide but are also considering a possible chemical scenario such as an accident with cleaning chemicals or commercial pesticides.

Emergency crews initially took one unconscious man to hospital but returned within the hour after other residents and staff complained of feeling ill.

Tags: News, News Video

This video appears with:
Eight Hospitalized After Becoming Ill in Maryland Group Home

discuss print share
What's Your Take? Comment Now ...




 

Featured Careers & Jobs in EMS

Get JEMS in Your Inbox

 

Fire EMS Blogs


Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

 

EMS Airway Clinic

Simulation-Based Assessment Facilitates Learning & Enhances Clinical Judgment

Simulation is an educational tool that can be used to develop and refine clinical skills of the student in a controlled environment before they progress to becoming practicing clinicians.
More >