Salt Lake City Medics Save Choking Infant - News - @ JEMS.com

discuss print share

Salt Lake City Medics Save Choking Infant

Small toy figure was lodged inside a 6-month old baby’s throat

Thursday, February 27, 2014


SALT LAKE CITY (Fox13) — A 6-month-old Salt Lake City child nearly died after he swallowed a small toy Saturday. A Salt Lake City family called 911 when their infant swallowed the toy, which blocked the child’s airway. Salt Lake City Fire Department and paramedics arrived on the scene to find the infant with the toy stuck in his trachea.

Tags: News, News Video, Salt Lake City, infant, baby, pediatric, choking, airway


discuss print share
What's Your Take? Comment Now ...

Buyer's Guide Featured Companies

Featured Careers & Jobs in EMS

Get JEMS in Your Inbox

 

Fire EMS Blogs


Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

 

EMS Airway Clinic

Improving Survival from Cardiac Arrest Using ACD-CPR + ITD

Using active compression-decompression CPR with an ITD has been shown to improve 1-year survival from cardiac arrest by 33%.
More >