Raw Video: Fla. Man Dies after Live Roach-Eating Contest - News - @ JEMS.com

discuss print share

Raw Video: Fla. Man Dies after Live Roach-Eating Contest

Autopsy results have now been released

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Raw video footage (courtesy FrimmerNews) from October 5, 2012, of Edward Archbold, 32 participating in a bug-eating contest outside Ben Siegel Reptile Store. Archbold became ill shortly after the contest ended and collapsed in front of the store. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. Autopsy results released yesterday by the Broward County medical examiner's office revealed that Archbold died as a result of "asphyxia due to choking and aspiration of gastric contents." The death has been ruled an accident.

Tags: News, News Video, roaches, insects, asphyxiation

This video appears with:
Autopsy: Florida Man Choked to Death in Roach-Eating Contest
Man's Roach-Eating Death Raises Question: Why?
Man Dies after Live Roach-Eating Contest in Florida

discuss print share
What's Your Take? Comment Now ...

Buyer's Guide Featured Companies

Featured Careers & Jobs in EMS

Get JEMS in Your Inbox


Fire EMS Blogs

Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts


EMS Airway Clinic

Innovation & Advancement

This is the seventh year of the EMS 10 Innovators in EMS program, jointly sponsored by Physio-Control and JEMS.
More >