discuss print share

11 Hospitalized After Maryland CO Leak

Residents of a Rockville apartment building have been sickened by carbon monoxide

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

ROCKVILLE, Md. (WTTG) - Montgomery County fire officials say eleven residents of a Rockville apartment building have been sickened by carbon monoxide.

Assistant Fire Chief Scott Graham says firefighters were called to the 1200 block of First Street about 2 a.m. Tuesday for possible high carbon monoxide levels in the building. Rescue crews at the scene evaluated several residents and 11 were taken to hospitals.

Graham says none of the patients are in critical condition.

Graham says a malfunctioning hot water heater was to blame for the leak.

Tags: News, News Video, carbon monoxide poisoning

This video appears with:
11 Hospitalized after Maryland Carbon Monoxide Leak

discuss print share
What's Your Take? Comment Now ...


Featured Careers & Jobs in EMS

Get JEMS in Your Inbox


Fire EMS Blogs

Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts


EMS Airway Clinic

Simulation-Based Assessment Facilitates Learning & Enhances Clinical Judgment

Simulation is an educational tool that can be used to develop and refine clinical skills of the student in a controlled environment before they progress to becoming practicing clinicians.
More >