Administration And Leadership
In the field, what exactly is "abandonment"? Is it when you inappropriately transfer care? Is it when your system fails to respond? What about a scene that becomes unsafe?
This year, JEMS adopted the best practice method of reporting survey data in percentiles, which allows a better appreciation of where your salary compares with that of the survey respondents and what the median salary is by call volume and region.
Everyone in America has their own story about that day--where they were, what they were doing, thinking, feeling on Sept. 11, 2001. But for the emergency responders who worked in and around New York City, that day doesn't just haunt them. For some, it's killing them.
One crew of San Diego firefighters/EMTs has now filed EEOC complaints and intend to file suit against the city for sending them to participate in the city s gay pride parade while on duty. The crew alleges they were forced to participate in the parade, which exposed them to sexual harassment.
When a LifeFlight helicopter landed carrying critically injured Yehoshua Hoffman, the first casualty taken from an accident scene on Interstate 95 in Argyle on Monday, Eastern Maine Medical Center was ready.
Increasing numbers of„emergency calls involving„obese patients„will affect your service's personnel, equipment, vehicles and finances. Agencies must have at least the minimum of solutions in place.
It_s common to find a single course in EMS management, but where_s the academic rigor that should accompany an EMS management program? Are we preparing the leaders of the future ƒ now?
- Patient Safety
- Bringing The Hospital To The Patient
- Critical Factors in Enhancing Provider & Patient Safety
- Rethinking Ambulance Design & Response Time Standards
- Less Safe Than a U-Haul Trailer
Ambulance Innovations from Europe
EMS provider roles around the world differ, and so do the vehicles we use to transport patients... Watch On-Demand
EMS Airway Clinic
Medic says Iron County Ambulance violates state standards.
Watch It >
AmbuBus®, Bus Stretcher all-hazards preparedness & response tool
Watch It >
Sneak peek of customizable run forms & more.
Watch It >
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- Collapse at London Theater
- 28-Year-Old Cardiac Arrest Survivor Meets EMS Personnel Who Helped Save Him
- Coast Guard Officer Dies from November Rescue Injuries
- Shooting at Renown Medical Center Campus in Reno
- Blind Man and Guide Dog Struck by NYC Subway Train
- Explosion Kills One Person, Injures Others in Alabama Apartment Building