After 24 hours of travel, A.J. Heightman arrives in Fulda, Germany--the first stop on his international tour. For the next few days, he will be immersed in international EMS at the RETTmobil show.
Before JEMS Editor-in-Chief A.J. Heightman set off to the airport for a long day of travel from San Diego to Frankfurt, Germany, he purged his usual 50 lb. backpack of extra gear for the international flight.
When EMS becomes the point of contact for unscheduled care under the Affordable Health Care Act, will your service be at the front of the pack or following far behind?
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- Gaza Hospital ER Repeatedly Improvises During Fighting
- 10 Killed, Over 60 Injured When Buses Crash on German Highway
- Paramedics and EMTs Reassigned in NYPD Suspect Death Investigation
- One Dead, Several Others Injured in New York Bus Rollover
- 25 Injured When Trains Collide in France
- Medical Helicopter Crashes in New Mexico; Hospital Mourns Fallen Crew