War on Trauma
Lessons learned from a decade of conflictThis supplement presents proven concepts, techniques and products from military trauma care that have immediate application to civilian EMS. This supplement is sponsored by North American Rescue, Inc.
|Download the Full Supplement (PDF)||2.15 MB|
FDNY EMT Involved in Controversial Case Killed in Off-Duty ShootingEMT was involved in a negligence case where a pregnant woman died in December 2009.
Product Reviews From Street CrewsCheck out some of the latest products you may want to use.
Tourniquet First!Few issues in the long and colorful history of medicine have generated as much controversy and confusion as the use of tourniquets to arrest severe extremity hemorrhage. As with many strongly held, traditional beliefs, the tradition is strong, but the evidence weak.
Terror in America's SchoolsAmerica is a nation at war. That’s a reality, not political rhetoric. And some of the battles in that war are going to be fought on American soil—in our communities, among our homes and loved ones.
Only by studying the lessons being learned daily on the battlefields of the war on terror can we ensure that our trauma care is state-of-the-art back home.
I propose that “error is subsequent to the human factor.” In EMS, human factors collide with the need to decide quickly and act precisely, under conditions that are dynamic, stress-inducing and occasionally hostile.
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2013
- Data Drives Care
- Putting the Clamp on Hemorrhage
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2012
- Resuscitation: Ten steps for improving survival from sudden cardiac arrest
- Live Coverage of 2013 Eagles Conference
- EMS State of the Science 2012
- Disaster & Terrorism Preparedness
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2011
- Rapid Results: Capnography, A Key Patient Assessment Tool
- Driving the Course of Care, Vol. 3
- Out of the Darkness
- EMS 10: Innovators in EMS 2010
- Evolution in Resuscitation
- CPR Performance Counts
Glide patient loads down stairs.
Tough, dependable bags.
Keeps you powered on every call.
Convert a Ferno Cot to a bariatric cot.
Versatility in confining environments.
Superior stability and safety.
Easier lifting and loading.
For Medtronic / Physio Control Life Pak 12 and 15.
Secure the Physio Control Lifepak 12.
Secure the Philips HeartStart MRx.
Secure the Zoll M Series.
Secure the Zoll E Series.
Allows efficient patient movement.
For extricating from confined spaces.
Innovative pediatric transport.
Secure transport for pediatric patients.
For pre-term neonates and larger infants.
Adjustable three-point harness system.
Accommodate the most modern supplies.
Designed for the highest quality.
Easy to handle stretcher.
Superior comfort and safety.
Maximum safety on stairs.
EMS Airway Clinic
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- Mother in Florida Surf Rescue Was Stopped Earlier by Police
- Seven Injured, One Dead in New Jersey Explosion
- Explosion and Injuries at New Jersey Condo Complex
- Debate Grows Over Public Administration of Narcan
- Over 30 Killed, 130 Wounded in Terror Attack in China
- One Dead, 30 Injured in Denver Pileup