War on Trauma
Lessons learned from a decade of conflictThis supplement presents proven concepts, techniques and products from military trauma care that have immediate application to civilian EMS. This supplement is sponsored by North American Rescue, Inc.
|Download the Full Supplement (PDF)||2.15 MB|
FDNY EMT Involved in Controversial Case Killed in Off-Duty ShootingEMT was involved in a negligence case where a pregnant woman died in December 2009.
Product Reviews From Street CrewsCheck out some of the latest products you may want to use.
Tourniquet First!Few issues in the long and colorful history of medicine have generated as much controversy and confusion as the use of tourniquets to arrest severe extremity hemorrhage. As with many strongly held, traditional beliefs, the tradition is strong, but the evidence weak.
Terror in America's SchoolsAmerica is a nation at war. That’s a reality, not political rhetoric. And some of the battles in that war are going to be fought on American soil—in our communities, among our homes and loved ones.
Only by studying the lessons being learned daily on the battlefields of the war on terror can we ensure that our trauma care is state-of-the-art back home.
I propose that “error is subsequent to the human factor.” In EMS, human factors collide with the need to decide quickly and act precisely, under conditions that are dynamic, stress-inducing and occasionally hostile.
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2014
- Perfusion on Demand
- EMS State of the Science 2014
- Prehospital Care Research Forum Abstracts
- When Time Matters Most
- Simulation Integration
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2013
- Data Drives Care
- Putting the Clamp on Hemorrhage
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2012
- Resuscitation: Ten steps for improving survival from sudden cardiac arrest
- Live Coverage of 2013 Eagles Conference
- EMS State of the Science 2012
- Disaster & Terrorism Preparedness
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2011
- Rapid Results: Capnography, A Key Patient Assessment Tool
FEBRUARY 25-28, 2015
Baltimore Convention Center
Today's Featured Posts
EMS Airway Clinic
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- Congress Passes One-Week Funding of Homeland Security
- Indiana Considers ‘Baby Box’ for Abandoned Newborns
- Oil Train Wrecks Increase Call for Tougher Safety Rules
- Short-Term Fix May Avoid Homeland Security Shutdown
- FDNY, FDNY EMS Respond to Manhattan Building Collapse
- Over 70 Vehicles Involved in Maine Pileup