State of the Science 2010
The latest in EMS careThis supplement – the 4th of its kind in JEMS – describes the latest in EMS care, as presented at the annual meeting of the U.S. Metropolitan Municipalities EMS Medical Directors (aka, the Eagles). This supplement is sponsored by Michigan Instruments Inc., Philips Healthcare, and Physio-Control Inc.
|Download the Full Supplement (PDF)||846.75 KB|
Lost and FoundHow to overcome the challenges presented when treating patients who can’t remember you.
In My Own WordsRead about the chilling hallucinations a paramedic encountered after his near-fatal cardiac arrest.
Evolving AMI Care 2010A review of just-published research on STEMI diagnosis by EMS, as well as discussion of the current ACC/AHA recommendations on lytics versus lab.
Sex, Drugs and R & R (Resuscitation & Reanimation)Your likelihood of surviving a cardiac arrest may have something to do with sex. But not the kind you’re thinking of.
It's important for EMS providers to understand the core functions of the DEA and how to obtain more information about its regulations.
Implementation of the 2005 AHA CPR and ECC training programs appears to have directly led to improved survival rates in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.
What do you do after "strike one" with the Drug Enforcement Agency?
In the past five years, emergency treatment and technology have been advancing at an unprecedented pace. Take a look at what lies ahead.
Since initiating prehospital post-resuscitation therapeutic hypothermia in October 2006, Wake County EMS has induced more than 200 patients, including many atypical post-arrest patients. Read two case reports.
- Simulation Integration
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2013
- Data Drives Care
- Putting the Clamp on Hemorrhage
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2012
- Resuscitation: Ten steps for improving survival from sudden cardiac arrest
- Live Coverage of 2013 Eagles Conference
- EMS State of the Science 2012
- Disaster & Terrorism Preparedness
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2011
- Rapid Results: Capnography, A Key Patient Assessment Tool
- Driving the Course of Care, Vol. 3
- Out of the Darkness
- EMS 10: Innovators in EMS 2010
- Evolution in Resuscitation
Today's Featured Posts
EMS Airway Clinic