EMS State of the Science 2012
Important advances in prehospital cardiac care & resuscitationEMS State of the Science is an editorial supplement, developed in cooperation with the U.S. Metropolitan Municipalities EMS Medical Directors Consortium and our sponsors, that features articles that address key resuscitation issues.It is sponsored by Advanced Circulatory Systems Inc.; American Heart Association; Laerdal Medical; Medtronic Foundation, Physio-Control, Inc.; Vidacare Corporation; and ZOLL Medical Corporation and published by Elsevier Public Safety.
IntroductionThis EMS State of the Science supplement features articles that address key resuscitation issues.
Trends & Changes in Cardiac CareNew recommendations and studies are showing areas where EMS can make a major impact on its ability to improve resuscitation outcomes.
Study Determines Optimal Chest Compression RateEMS providers have long been told to “push hard, push fast.” But how fast? Dr. Ahamed Idris details a study that attempted to find the ideal rate for chest compressions.
The Merits of Mechanical CPRMechanical CPR devices hold promise for providing greater compression consistency and possibly better resuscitation outcomes.
HeartRescue Project partners plan to develop and expand SCA response systems by coordinating measurement, education, training and the application of evidence-based best practices.
Research is proving that CPR compression depth is just as important as rates. Some devices that provide feedback about compression depth are inaccurate during certain conditions. A new technology from Physio-Control could alleviate this problem.
Intraosseous vascular access has been proven to reduce core body temperature.
Pennsylvania has joined with five other states and AMR to improve SCA survival rates.
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2013
- Data Drives Care
- Putting the Clamp on Hemorrhage
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2012
- Resuscitation: Ten steps for improving survival from sudden cardiac arrest
- Live Coverage of 2013 Eagles Conference
- EMS State of the Science 2012
- Disaster & Terrorism Preparedness
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2011
- Rapid Results: Capnography, A Key Patient Assessment Tool
- Driving the Course of Care, Vol. 3
- Out of the Darkness
- EMS 10: Innovators in EMS 2010
- Evolution in Resuscitation
- CPR Performance Counts
Today's Featured Posts
EMS Airway Clinic
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- Shooting Inside Suburban Philadelphia Hospital Complex
- Several Injured as Storm Hits Virginia Campground
- Mother and Daughter Die from Food Truck Explosion Injuries
- Pinnacle Keynote Speaker Discusses the Effects of Sleep Deprivation & Fatigue
- Where in the World of EMS is A.J.?
- Plane Crashes in Taiwan, Dozens Feared Trapped and Dead