Driving the Course of Care, 2010
Leading-edge technologies can help improve patient careThis supplement, sponsored by Philips Healthcare, illustrates pre-planning and operational changes that EMS agencies have effectively used to improve their delivery of patient care and their resuscitation results. Articles address high-quality CPR, therapeutic hypothermia, the chain of survival and preparing for EMS care at mass-gathering events.
|Download the full supplement (PDF)||953.47 KB|
The Challenges of Clinical LeadershipClinical innovations start in the field
The Quest for High-Quality CPRReal-time CPR monitoring with feedback showed Henderson (Nev.) Fire Department that its personnel were pushing too fast during CPR. Now, it uses a feedback device to improve CPR effectiveness.
Links in the ChainA recent success story in Berwyn, Pa., shows the chain of survival in action and how care connected from the street to the hospital is so important in saving lives.
Driving Toward ‘Cool’ Resuscitation CareIn 2009, New York City began a regional hypothermia program that has helped standardize post-arrest care. Dr. John Freese reports on the next stage of this program: inducing cooling in the field.
Each Memorial Day weekend, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway fills with hundreds of thousands of people, creating a mass-gathering event like none other—and a huge EMS challenge as well. This article details the strategies the IMS uses to ensure that drivers and spectators get the care they need on race day.
Although most marathon injuries are non-life-threatening, cardiac arrest is a constant threat, even in trained athletes. In this article, we look at best practices used at the Chicago and Boston Marathons to ensure that EMS personnel are ready to respond to any runner, anywhere on the course.
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2013
- Data Drives Care
- Putting the Clamp on Hemorrhage
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2012
- Resuscitation: Ten steps for improving survival from sudden cardiac arrest
- Live Coverage of 2013 Eagles Conference
- EMS State of the Science 2012
- Disaster & Terrorism Preparedness
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2011
- Rapid Results: Capnography, A Key Patient Assessment Tool
- Driving the Course of Care, Vol. 3
- Out of the Darkness
- EMS 10: Innovators in EMS 2010
- Evolution in Resuscitation
- CPR Performance Counts
Today's Featured Posts
EMS Airway Clinic
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- One Dead in Explosion at Tennessee Ammo Plant
- California Fire Apparatus Collide, Strike Restaurant
- Odd Job: Toddler Stuck Inside Claw Machine
- Texas Fertilizer Blast Victims Choose Closure over Answers
- Over 200 Missing in South Korea Ferry Disaster
- Federal Investigators Search for Cause of New Mexico Medical Helicopter Crash