The Perfect ViewIf you've ever had to do a belly flop on the ground to see the cords of a patient, you'll appreciate video laryngoscopy. This supplement to September 2008 JEMS provides in-depth analysis and case studies on how this new technology is making its way into prehospital care. This supplement is sponsored by Verathon Inc.
|Lo Rez Verathon.pdf||2.46 MB|
Highlights from 72 Cases Involving Video Laryngoscopy at Martin County (Fla.) Fire Rescue
Designing Educational Programs for Emergency Airway Management
Endotracheal intubation has been considered the gold standard in airway management in EMS systems for decades. When I went through paramedic training in 1976, anesthesiologists—initially skeptical about endorsing the performance of this advanced airway skill in the prehospital environment—agreed to instruct us and allow us into the operating room (OR) to intubate their patients. Well, at least some of their patients.
The GlideScope Ranger Improves Visualization in the Combat Setting.
- Perfusion on Demand
- EMS State of the Science 2014
- Prehospital Care Research Forum Abstracts
- When Time Matters Most
- Simulation Integration
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2013
- Data Drives Care
- Putting the Clamp on Hemorrhage
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2012
- Resuscitation: Ten steps for improving survival from sudden cardiac arrest
- Live Coverage of 2013 Eagles Conference
- EMS State of the Science 2012
- Disaster & Terrorism Preparedness
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2011
- Rapid Results: Capnography, A Key Patient Assessment Tool
- Driving the Course of Care, Vol. 3
Today's Featured Posts
EMS Airway Clinic
Using active compression-decompression CPR with an ITD has been shown to improve 1-year survival from cardiac arrest by 33%.
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- Death Toll Rises in California Crash Scene
- Three Dead after Driver Crashes into California Pedestrians
- Philadelphia Fire Department Apologizes for Medic’s Jab at Police
- CIA Medics Complained About Interrogation Tactics
- ‘House Calls’ Become New Approach for Texas Paramedics
- Four Killed in Mississippi Collision