The Path to Grant Success
Your Guide to Fire & EMS Grant AssistanceNeed new equipment or apparatus, but don't have enough in your budget to cover the costs? This exclusive supplement to JEMS is your how-to guide on applying for grant funding. This supplement is sponsored by Masimo Corp.
|Download the Full Supplement (PDF)||7.87 MB|
Editor's ForewordFor fire and EMS agencies to advance in the use of highly specialized equipment, they need assistance in obtaining grant funds.
A Method to the MadnessFive simple steps can take the frustration out of the grant application process.
The Ultimate Grant ResourceFireGrantsHelp.com and EMSGrantsHelp.com provide a comprehensive database of available grants and grant information.
Federal FundingAFG, SAFER and Fire Prevention & Safety grants can help departments fund apparatus, equipment and staffing.
This sample narrative portion of a grant application serves as a good example of what information to include and how to organize the narrative.
For smaller projects, consider corporate grants from organizations such as Fireman’s Fund, FM Global and State Farm.
A fair amount of confusion shrouds the Authorized Equipment List (AEL) and the Standardized Equipment List (SEL) for grants. What exactly are these two lists, and what is their combined purpose?
The most common reason grant applications are denied is probably the same reason your home gym doesn’t work correctly.
The narrative portion is often what "makes or breaks" your application. Luckily, you can craft an effective narrative by answering four simple questions.
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2013
- Data Drives Care
- Putting the Clamp on Hemorrhage
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2012
- Resuscitation: Ten steps for improving survival from sudden cardiac arrest
- Live Coverage of 2013 Eagles Conference
- EMS State of the Science 2012
- Disaster & Terrorism Preparedness
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2011
- Rapid Results: Capnography, A Key Patient Assessment Tool
- Driving the Course of Care, Vol. 3
- Out of the Darkness
- EMS 10: Innovators in EMS 2010
- Evolution in Resuscitation
- CPR Performance Counts
Today's Featured Posts
EMS Airway Clinic
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- More FDNY and NYPD Members to Carry Naloxone
- Maryland Paramedic Recognized for Valor at Traumatic Crash
- Poland Conducts Large Scale Emergency Exercise
- Two Burned in Phoenix Tanker Explosion and Fire
- A Year After Texas Explosion, No New Safety Laws
- One Year After Bombing, Boston Celebrates Its Marathon