Out of the Darkness
EMS providers from New York, New Jersey, Arlington (Va.) & Shanksville (Pa.) share lessons learnedRead the most comprehensive and compelling first-person account of the events and aftermath of EMS operations on 9/11. JEMS Editor-in-Chief A.J. Heightman, a veteran EMS provider and noted mass-casualty incident management educator, and Teresa McCallion, an award-winning author, experienced EMT and Editor of the EMS Insider management newsletter, spent weeks on the road and behind the scenes interviewing and developing this historic and educational four-volume account of 9/11.
Volume I: Beyond Ground ZeroA decision as simple as turning left vs. right saved some providers' lives.
Volume II: Safe HarborFew knew about the hundreds of patients treated on the New Jersey piers.
Volume III: Strike on the PentagonThere were 23,000 people working in the Pentagon on 9/11.
Volume IV: On Stable GroundProviders in Shanksville, Pa., respond to a scene without patients.
- Perfusion on Demand
- EMS State of the Science 2014
- Prehospital Care Research Forum Abstracts
- When Time Matters Most
- Simulation Integration
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2013
- Data Drives Care
- Putting the Clamp on Hemorrhage
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2012
- Resuscitation: Ten steps for improving survival from sudden cardiac arrest
- Live Coverage of 2013 Eagles Conference
- EMS State of the Science 2012
- Disaster & Terrorism Preparedness
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2011
- Rapid Results: Capnography, A Key Patient Assessment Tool
- Driving the Course of Care, Vol. 3
Today's Featured Posts
EMS Airway Clinic
Using active compression-decompression CPR with an ITD has been shown to improve 1-year survival from cardiac arrest by 33%.
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- Study Finds Odd Data from Cardiac Arrest Patients
- Severe Storms Cause Fatalities and Damage in Mississippi
- Out-of-Control Truck Strikes Pedestrians in Scotland
- Lightning Strike Injures Football Fans at Tampa Stadium
- Death Toll Rises in California Crash Scene
- Three Dead after Driver Crashes into California Pedestrians