Out of the Darkness
EMS providers from New York, New Jersey, Arlington (Va.) & Shanksville (Pa.) share lessons learnedRead the most comprehensive and compelling first-person account of the events and aftermath of EMS operations on 9/11. JEMS Editor-in-Chief A.J. Heightman, a veteran EMS provider and noted mass-casualty incident management educator, and Teresa McCallion, an award-winning author, experienced EMT and Editor of the EMS Insider management newsletter, spent weeks on the road and behind the scenes interviewing and developing this historic and educational four-volume account of 9/11.
Volume I: Beyond Ground ZeroA decision as simple as turning left vs. right saved some providers' lives.
Volume II: Safe HarborFew knew about the hundreds of patients treated on the New Jersey piers.
Volume III: Strike on the PentagonThere were 23,000 people working in the Pentagon on 9/11.
Volume IV: On Stable GroundProviders in Shanksville, Pa., respond to a scene without patients.
- Simulation Integration
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2013
- Data Drives Care
- Putting the Clamp on Hemorrhage
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2012
- Resuscitation: Ten steps for improving survival from sudden cardiac arrest
- Live Coverage of 2013 Eagles Conference
- EMS State of the Science 2012
- Disaster & Terrorism Preparedness
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2011
- Rapid Results: Capnography, A Key Patient Assessment Tool
- Driving the Course of Care, Vol. 3
- Out of the Darkness
- EMS 10: Innovators in EMS 2010
- Evolution in Resuscitation
Today's Featured Posts
EMS Airway Clinic
Simulation is an educational tool that can be used to develop and refine clinical skills of the student in a controlled environment before they progress to becoming practicing clinicians.
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- Idaho Teens Injured in Bizarre Crash
- NIH Scientist: Ebola Unlikely to Spread Through Air
- Report: Hospitals Hit by Superstorm Sandy had Pre-existing Problems
- Ohio School Bus Driver Killed During Emergency Drill
- President Sends Military Personnel to Fight Ebola Crisis
- Storm Drain Deaths Raise Safety Issue