Out of the Darkness
EMS providers from New York, New Jersey, Arlington (Va.) & Shanksville (Pa.) share lessons learnedRead the most comprehensive and compelling first-person account of the events and aftermath of EMS operations on 9/11. JEMS Editor-in-Chief A.J. Heightman, a veteran EMS provider and noted mass-casualty incident management educator, and Teresa McCallion, an award-winning author, experienced EMT and Editor of the EMS Insider management newsletter, spent weeks on the road and behind the scenes interviewing and developing this historic and educational four-volume account of 9/11.
Volume I: Beyond Ground ZeroA decision as simple as turning left vs. right saved some providers' lives.
Volume II: Safe HarborFew knew about the hundreds of patients treated on the New Jersey piers.
Volume III: Strike on the PentagonThere were 23,000 people working in the Pentagon on 9/11.
Volume IV: On Stable GroundProviders in Shanksville, Pa., respond to a scene without patients.
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2012
- Live Coverage of 2013 Eagles Conference
- EMS State of the Science 2012
- Disaster & Terrorism Preparedness
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2011
- Rapid Results: Capnography, A Key Patient Assessment Tool
- Driving the Course of Care, Vol. 3
- Out of the Darkness
- EMS 10: Innovators in EMS 2010
- Evolution in Resuscitation
- CPR Performance Counts
- Measuring Life & Breath
- The Silent Killer
- Driving the Course of Care, 2010
- Making It Real
A compact, MOLLE-equipped pack designed for rapid field response for the treatment of most extremity fractures, dislocations and joint injuries. Fractures can be splinted in position found! Disaster preparedness and surge capacity available!
The Compact Sager Alternative! Treats proximal third and mid-shaft femoral fractures. Radio-lucent,universal: fits adult or child,treats unilateral or bilateral fractures. Rapid one-person assembly/application. Compact, robust, and lightweight.
Your complete fracture response system! Features a compact Sager Traction Splint, an Adaptor
The Ambulance Leadership Forum and a Yorkshire Ambulance... More >
- Culture of Safety Draft Document
- Video: Demanding Safety
- Video: Factors of Risk
- Video: Integrated EMS
- Rural Example of Community Medicine
EMS Airway Clinic
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- London Police Investigate Ruthless Killing as Terror Attack
- University of Arizona Student EMS Born from Campus Club
- Recovery Efforts Begin in Oklahoma
- Search for Survivors in Oklahoma Nearly Complete
- Empire State Building Lights Up for EMS Week
- Many Dead, Including Children, After Tornado Strikes Oklahoma City Suburb