The Silent Killer
CO monitoring adds a new dimension to firefighter rehab & emergency careThis supplement to JEMS, sponsored by Masimo Corporation and ZOLL Medical Corporation, discusses carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning and outlines how CO-oximetry can improve your assessment and treatment of potential CO poisoning patients through proper screening and triage.
|Download the full supplement (PDF)||1.39 MB|
‘Sensing’ the Effects of CO ExposureCO exposure is a significant health hazard for patients and EMS providers.
Sneak AttackWhat makes carbon monoxide so insidious?
Where There's SmokeWhere there’s smoke, there are also toxins.
Safety For AllThe safety of all firefighters and emergency response personnel is imperative.
Read these case studies of almost-undetected CO exposures.
This past December, ZOLL Medical Corporation announced the introduction of an integrated, non-invasive carbon monoxide (CO) assessment tool using Masimo Rainbow SET technology in the E Series monitor.
Should CO measurements join the list of required vitals?
Co-oximetry should be a BLS tool
Firefighters and paramedics need education on carbon monoxide poisoning because it’s something they encounter it every day.
Firefighters and EMS providers can reduce carbon monoxide risks through education.
Hundreds of grant programs can help you fund CO monitoring equipment.
- When Time Matters Most
- Simulation Integration
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2013
- Data Drives Care
- Putting the Clamp on Hemorrhage
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2012
- Resuscitation: Ten steps for improving survival from sudden cardiac arrest
- Live Coverage of 2013 Eagles Conference
- EMS State of the Science 2012
- Disaster & Terrorism Preparedness
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2011
- Rapid Results: Capnography, A Key Patient Assessment Tool
- Driving the Course of Care, Vol. 3
- Out of the Darkness
- EMS 10: Innovators in EMS 2010
- Evolution in Resuscitation
Today's Featured Posts
EMS Airway Clinic
How mass killing events have proven a need for new guidelines.
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- Shooting at Canadian War Memorial and Parliament Building
- DHS Orders Airport Screenings of West African Passengers
- Over 30 Hikers Killed in Nepal Blizzards
- CDC to Revise Ebola Protocol; Pentagon Forms Medical Support Team
- 16 Killed in Collapse at South Korea Concert
- Nurse Diagnosed with Ebola Arrives at NIH