Live Coverage of 2013 Eagles Conference
Editor-in-Chief A.J. Heightman reports live from the 2013 Eagle Creek retreat in DallasMore than 60 EMS medical directors from large population centers throughout the United States, as well as several other countries, began their annual EMS State of the Sciences Conference in Dallas, Texas, today. The conference is often dubbed the "Eagle’s Retreat" because a decade ago a journalist who heard of the large gathering of EMS medical directors reported that it was a great “Gathering of Eagles."
EMS Medical Leaders Present 55 Rapid-Fire LecturesEMS medical directors from 60 of the largest population centers in the U.S. and London featured timely topics that EMS agencies and provider now, or in the immediate future will face.
Drowning in Information … Starved for KnowledgeZOLL introduces a revolutionary reporting system & pledges to safely share patient data across devices in an effort to give physicians critical real-time information.
Communication Is Key for EMS Response to Active Shooter IncidentsDoes EMS go in during an active shooter event? If so, under what conditions? Top EMS docs discuss these questions at the Eagles conference.
EMS Drug Shortages Discussion Gets Intense at 'Eagle Creek' in DallasEMS Medical Directors discuss the impact of drug shortages and tightening drug inventory control.
Corey Slovis, MD, FACP, FACEP, FAAEM, tells colleagues he feels a position paper is warranted to reduce or stop the unnecessary resuscitation of selected, severely traumatized patients.
Denver EMS units answer 85,000 calls annually, with many of their responses involve patients with alcohol use and abuse.
John White, CNMT, Chair of the North Texas Radiation Response Group, updated the Eagles Coalition on what would/could happen if a nuclear device was detonated in a large metropolitan center.
JEMS Editor-in-Chief A.J. Heightman reports from the annual EMS State of the Sciences Conference in Dallas, Texas.
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2014
- Perfusion on Demand
- EMS State of the Science 2014
- Prehospital Care Research Forum Abstracts
- When Time Matters Most
- Simulation Integration
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2013
- Data Drives Care
- Putting the Clamp on Hemorrhage
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2012
- Resuscitation: Ten steps for improving survival from sudden cardiac arrest
- Live Coverage of 2013 Eagles Conference
- EMS State of the Science 2012
- Disaster & Terrorism Preparedness
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2011
- Rapid Results: Capnography, A Key Patient Assessment Tool
FEBRUARY 25-28, 2015
Baltimore Convention Center
Today's Featured Posts
EMS Airway Clinic
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- Indiana Considers ‘Baby Box’ for Abandoned Newborns
- Oil Train Wrecks Increase Call for Tougher Safety Rules
- Short-Term Fix May Avoid Homeland Security Shutdown
- FDNY, FDNY EMS Respond to Manhattan Building Collapse
- Over 70 Vehicles Involved in Maine Pileup
- Several Injured in New Jersey Natural Gas Explosion