EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2013This supplement profiles the top 10 innovators in EMS who drove the profession forward in 2013. These individuals were nominated by their peers in recognition of their hard work, dedication and selfless efforts to make a difference in the delivery of EMS or in the lives of patients and providers.
|Download the complete digital supplement (PDF)||11.03 MB|
Finding the Sweet SpotDr. Ahamed Idris found the chest compression rate “sweet spot” and how to measure what's happening during resuscitation.
Use the ARMRick Lewis and Dr. John Riccio developed the Advance Resource Medic (ARM) vehicle and deployment system, allowing for a changed dispatch and triage process.
Best Practices with ChecklistsShaughn Maxwell developed “EMS checklists” to ensure evidence-based critical interventions occur when specific clinical conditions are encountered.
A Musical EducationFarooq Muhammad wrote, produced and starred in innovative social media videos designed to educate the public about EMS and instill pride in EMS providers.
Jim Parrish facilitated a movement at Humboldt General Hospital toward prehospital care, a training program and a police-paramedic program.
Dr. Kevin Seaman established a division of the Seattle Resuscitation Academy in Howard County (Md.), contributing to prehospital emergency care well beyond the borders of the county.
Philip Callahan developed and introduced a resiliency-based behavioral health initiative that helps first responders dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder.
Victor Convertino’s research on the compensatory reserve index (CRI) and intrathoracic pressure regulation (IPR) therapy provides tools to more rapidly determine the status of a patient.
Peter Dworsky and Scott Matin developed Driving Responsibly: The Truth about Sirens, an educational video outlining the misconceptions and dangers of emergency siren and light use.
David Edgar created a crew fatigue policy to objectively monitor crew activity and fatigue throughout their shift.
Follow in the footsteps of these inspirational leaders of EMS.
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2013
- Data Drives Care
- Putting the Clamp on Hemorrhage
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2012
- Resuscitation: Ten steps for improving survival from sudden cardiac arrest
- Live Coverage of 2013 Eagles Conference
- EMS State of the Science 2012
- Disaster & Terrorism Preparedness
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2011
- Rapid Results: Capnography, A Key Patient Assessment Tool
- Driving the Course of Care, Vol. 3
- Out of the Darkness
- EMS 10: Innovators in EMS 2010
- Evolution in Resuscitation
- CPR Performance Counts
Today's Featured Posts
EMS Airway Clinic
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- Bus Crash in Norway Claims Four Tourists
- FDNY EMS Celebrates Young Patient’s Birthday
- Over 2,000 9/11 First Responders Diagnosed with Cancer
- Rare California Beach Storm Hard to Predict
- Father, Daughter Killed When Plane Crashes on Florida Beach
- One Dead, Over a Dozen Injured in California Beach Lightning Strike