EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2012This supplement profiles the top 10 innovators in EMS who drove the profession forward in 2012. These individuals were nominated by their peers in recognition of their hard work, dedication and selfless efforts to make a difference in the delivery of EMS or in the lives of patients and providers.
|Download the complete digital supplement (PDF)||1.18 MB|
Innovation & ProgressFollow in the footsteps of these inspirational leaders of EMS.
Altering the Handling of CPRDale Becker formed & implemented a new crew resource management initiative for high-performance CPR.
Sending Stroke Victims to the Right DestinationJohn Curry, Jr., helped create the FOAM-D Stroke Consortium with a goal of providing comprehensive, rapid response to the treatment of stroke patients.
Helping EMS Services Stretched Too ThinJessica DeMarzo founded the Purchase College Emergency Medical Service, a new collegiate EMS agency.
James Dunford has directed the implementation of the San Diego RAP and eRAP, an EMS-based surveillance & case management system.
David Grovdahl revamped his EMS system using technology and improving educational standards.
MedStar blazes a trail to revolutionize how EMS agencies successfully transition to mobile healthcare agencies.
Dr. Graham Nichol led the creation of the Mission: Lifeline Cardiac Resuscitation Systems of Care program.
Joseph Ornato’s cooling program allows for the discharge of more than 14% of patients neurologically intact from the hospital alive.
David Page spearheaded the formation of the Saint Paul Emergency Medical Services academy with the goal of diversifying St. Paul’s EMS workforce.
Richard Price launched the PulsePoint smartphone mobile app to improve cardiac arrest survival rates.
- Simulation Integration
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2013
- Data Drives Care
- Putting the Clamp on Hemorrhage
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2012
- Resuscitation: Ten steps for improving survival from sudden cardiac arrest
- Live Coverage of 2013 Eagles Conference
- EMS State of the Science 2012
- Disaster & Terrorism Preparedness
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2011
- Rapid Results: Capnography, A Key Patient Assessment Tool
- Driving the Course of Care, Vol. 3
- Out of the Darkness
- EMS 10: Innovators in EMS 2010
- Evolution in Resuscitation
Today's Featured Posts
EMS Airway Clinic
Simulation is an educational tool that can be used to develop and refine clinical skills of the student in a controlled environment before they progress to becoming practicing clinicians.
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- Idaho Teens Injured in Bizarre Crash
- NIH Scientist: Ebola Unlikely to Spread Through Air
- Report: Hospitals Hit by Superstorm Sandy had Pre-existing Problems
- Ohio School Bus Driver Killed During Emergency Drill
- President Sends Military Personnel to Fight Ebola Crisis
- Storm Drain Deaths Raise Safety Issue