EMS 10: Innovators in EMS 2010This supplement profiles the top 10 innovators in EMS who drove the profession forward in 2010. These individuals were nominated by their peers in recognition of their hard work, dedication and selfless efforts to make a difference in the delivery of EMS or in the lives of patients and providers.
|Download the Full Supplement (PDF)||1.28 MB|
Ride the Innovation WaveThis special supplement, sponsored by Physio-Control Inc. andJEMS, profiles 10 EMS...
Eliminating Unrecognized CO PoisoningTwo years ago, David Aber, NREMT-P, volunteer EMS supervisor for the Odessa (Del.) Fire Company and a full-time paramedic with New Castle County, was attending EMS Today in Baltimore.
Forming a Unique AllianceIn an effort to improve EMS care in Iowa, Jeffery Dumermuth spearheaded one of the more unique partnerships within EMS.
Campaigning for Growing RecognitionRay Fowler, MD, FACEP finds himself on the forefront of resuscitation research and political advocacy.
The EMSEduCast project reinvigorated Friese’s own passion for EMS and education, allowing him to start connecting nationally
David Hiltz, NREMT-P, played a significant role in conceiving, developing and promoting the HEARTSafe Communities program because he cares so much about other people’s hearts.
Lt. James Logan, BPS, IC, EMT-P, has created one of the most innovative and true-to-life training programs that many EMS providers will ever experience.
Nicholas Miller's goal was to create a program that would allow combat medics to bring their skills back to the states after discharge to pursue a career in EMS.
The central theme of the community paramedic program is to take an Eagle County paramedic in his or her current role, and without changing the scope of practice, change what he or she does every day.
Daniel Patterson's The EMS Agency Research Network for Quality and Safety Improvement, is just the latest in a long line of research initiatives he’s developed that have had tremendous influence within the EMS community.
Tawnya Silloway developed a line-of-duty death handbook to be shared by all EMS organizations.
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2012
- Live Coverage of 2013 Eagles Conference
- EMS State of the Science 2012
- Disaster & Terrorism Preparedness
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2011
- Rapid Results: Capnography, A Key Patient Assessment Tool
- Driving the Course of Care, Vol. 3
- Out of the Darkness
- EMS 10: Innovators in EMS 2010
- Evolution in Resuscitation
- CPR Performance Counts
- Measuring Life & Breath
- The Silent Killer
- Driving the Course of Care, 2010
- Making It Real
A.J. explores a compact CT scanner and point-of-care-laboratory and telemedicine system... More >
- Video: Demanding Safety
- Arming Leadership for Safety Change
- Video: Factors of Risk
- Video: Integrated EMS
- Rural Example of Community Medicine
EMS Airway Clinic
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- Images, Video: Commuter Trains Collide in Connecticut; 60 People Injured
- Washington, D.C. Faces a Critical Paramedic Shortage
- Texas Ex-Paramedic Pleads Not Guilty to Possessing Bomb-Making Materials
- At Least Six Dead, 50 Injured as Tornadoes Hit North Texas
- NTSB Urges States to Lower Blood Alcohol Content Limit
- Two Injured in West Virginia Plant Explosion