Disaster & Terrorism Preparedness
Planning, Preparedness, Mitigation, Response and RecoveryThis editorial supplement, featuring some of the brightest minds in disaster and terrorism preparedness response in America, was developed with input from the Department of Homeland Security and other advisors whose job is to conduct risk assessments and predict what threats we must plan for in the immediate future.
Bonus: How to Help People with Special Needs Survive CBRNE EventsTo help ensure a state of readiness, EMS systems must plan well in advance and coordinate potential care of special needs patients in the wake of a disaster.
Bonus: Decon Tips for First RespondersDo you know what to do when arriving on the scene of a large-scale chemical release?
Chemical ReleaseFaced with a large number of people exposed to a chemical warfare agent or a toxic industrial chemical, EMS responders should act quickly.
Preparing for 'D Days'It's our job to think about the unthinkable and take action when necessary to reduce the injuries and death.
Local comm issues have been addressed with the WakeMed interoperable comm vehicle.
Injuries caused by an explosion can be difficult to treat. Learn how to treat patients with blast injuries.
The Standoff Patient Triage Tool (SPTT) will allow emergency responders to rapidly triage victims from a safe distance.
Predefining your potential missions will help with subsequent planning and training initiatives.
The Disaster Preparedness Exercise and Procedural Cadaver Lab program is the ultimate experience in emergency preparedness.
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2014
- Perfusion on Demand
- EMS State of the Science 2014
- Prehospital Care Research Forum Abstracts
- When Time Matters Most
- Simulation Integration
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2013
- Data Drives Care
- Putting the Clamp on Hemorrhage
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2012
- Resuscitation: Ten steps for improving survival from sudden cardiac arrest
- Live Coverage of 2013 Eagles Conference
- EMS State of the Science 2012
- Disaster & Terrorism Preparedness
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2011
- Rapid Results: Capnography, A Key Patient Assessment Tool
Today's Featured Posts