UPPER MARLBORO, Md. (AP) — Prince George's County fire officials say residents of two homes were sickened by fumes caused by generators and a fire was started in a third home by improper use of a generator.
Department spokesman Mark Brady says about 9 a.m. Sunday, firefighters went to a home and removed a family a five that were sickened by carbon monoxide fumes from a generator placed too close to a fireplace vent on the house's exterior wall. The five were taken to hospitals.
Brady says Saturday night, a resident put a generator on a front porch near an open door and CO fumes sickened the resident, who was treated by paramedics.
Also Saturday night, a generator placed too close to a house ignited a fire. There were no injuries, but damage was extensive.