With support from the National Football League and CDC Foundation, the CDC has created a new FREE online training to provide health care professionals with an overview of what they need to know about concussion among young athletes. The goal of this course, Heads Up to Clinicians: Addressing Concussion in Sports among Kids and Teens, is to prepare health care professionals to diagnose and manage concussions on the sidelines, in their office, training room, or in the emergency department.
In this course health care professionals will:
• Examine current research on what may be happening to the brain after a concussion
• Understand why young people are at increased risk
• Explore acute concussion assessment and individualized management of young athletes
• Learn about the 5-Step Return to Play Progression and helping athletes safely return to school and play
• Focus on prevention and preparedness to help keep athletes safe season-to-season
• Receive a FREE Continuing Education Opportunity through the American College of Sports Medicine